Herend's youngest artist designer.
Etelka Meixner Herend's youngest artist designer was born in Siófok in 1978, graduated in 2002 from the University of Applied Arts as a student of Imre Schrammel.
She prepared her school-leaving work (modern tea sets and luxury cosmetics packing design/fragrance tubes complete with porcelain caps) in Herend and started to work as a designer in the Manufactory in the same year.
She is behind the creation of several new figures, ornamental items and the renewal of traditional décors. 'Sea life', the main attraction of the Herend exhibition at the 2008 Ambiente Frankfurt Fair is, among others, a design by Etelka Meixner.
The following Herend designs and other, individual design projects were on display at the following exhibitions: 2003 "A long table with Herend table sets embracing a period of 150 years" Venue: the Ernst Museum in Budapest
- 2006 'Dialogue', a joint exhibition by the Herend and Meissen Porcelain Manufactories. Venue: the National Gallery in Budapest
- 2006 "The future of Herend, Herend of the future" Venue: Herend Porcelain Museum
- 2009 "Craft and Design" - Museum of Applied Arts, Budapest
- 2010 Contemporary Porcelain Designers, Hungarian Porcelain Manufactories Hungarian Cultural Institute, Brussels
- 2012 Herend Design - Museion No.1. Budapest
- 2012 Magic World of Porcelain - Dezső Laczkó Museum, Veszprém