Born on 29 October 1933.
Designer of one of the most successful series of Herend figures in recent decades. Kossuth Prize winner ceramist, former rector (chancellor) of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts.
In 1957, he graduated at the Faculty of Porcelain of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts as Miklós Borsos’ apprentice. Since 1958 he has taught at this university. From 1959 to 1962, he was artistic advisor at the Hollóháza Porcelain Manufactory. In 1969, he played a decisive role in realizing the 1st Ceramics Symposium at Siklós.
Since 1990 he has been a university professor. He participated in the establishment of the Master Course Institute of Janus Pannonius University, where he has been professor since 1991.
From 1993 to 1999, he was rector (chancellor) of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts.
From 1996 he was artistic advisor at the Herend Porcelain Manufactory.
Member of the Kecskemét Group, the first international ceramic artist group (1980), founding member of the Hungarian Academy of Arts (1991) and the TERRA group (1991).